Title: Bicycle Industry Research Manager
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Industry: Bicycle Industry Nonprofit
Employment and Classification: “At will” employment status; full-time position
PeopleForBikes Coalition is seeking an Industry Research Manager who will be responsible for developing and executing an ongoing research program that supports specific initiatives, the organizational mission of PeopleForBikes, and the bicycle industry including sales trends, bicycle participation, member attitudes, and connecting the dots between building great places to ride and industry growth. These efforts include proactively telling the PeopleForBikes story via data/research, identifying and aggregating existing data, creating and maintaining partnerships with research providers, conducting primary research, leveraging Ride Spot data, and supporting the industry through market intelligence. This position is located at the PeopleForBikes headquarters in Boulder, Colorado.
- M.S./M.A. in a research-related field (e.g., social sciences) or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum five years of research experience. Minimum two years of research experience in advocacy, transportation, and/or the bike industry.
- Strong analytic skills with experience conducting research independently, managing vendor/partners, and analyzing data from secondary sources
- Ability to synthesize research findings from a variety of sources and generate actionable insights that support PeopleForBikes initiatives as well as the broader organizational mission
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external
- Strong leadership skills and experience
- Ability to prioritize internal/external research requests and allocate resources accordingly
- Excellent writing skills
- Expert at Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SurveyGizmo, R/SPSS and/or other similar software
- Python and/or other similar data science background is a plus
- Proactively tell the PeopleForBikes story via data/research
- Develop and execute a research program that supports both specific program initiatives and the organizational mission as a whole
- Leverage Ride Spot data to support the organizational mission and industry growth
- Identify and aggregate existing data to support PeopleForBikes’ current and future initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with academic research partners as well as those in the bicycle industry and private sector
- Conduct/oversee primary research as applicable (e.g., membership survey, participation study, etc.)
- Lead the bicycle industry’s Research and Statistics subcommittee
- Serve as the direct contact for industry research requests both internal and external
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop long-term research goals and objectives
- Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders
- Delegate and coordinate multiple concurrent initiatives
- Work with internal marketing to develop effective strategies for communicating research results externally
Compensation and Benefits
This “at will” full-time employee position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as a generous benefits package.
Interested applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter via email with “Bike Industry Research Manager” in the subject line to PeopleForBikes director of local innovation Kyle Wagenschutz at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should briefly explain the candidate’s interest in working at PeopleForBikes and applicable experience.
Telephone, in-person inquiries to PeopleForBikes staff or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The position is available immediately and will remain open until February 28, 2020. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for general information and organizational background. PeopleForBikes is an equal opportunity employer.