Title: Local Innovation Research Manager
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Industry: Bicycle Industry Nonprofit
Employment and Classification: “At will” employment status; full-time position
PeopleForBikes Foundation is seeking a Local Innovation Research Manager who will be responsible for developing and executing an ongoing research program that supports the work of the local innovation team including the PlacesForBikes City Ratings and Final Mile projects. These efforts include proactively telling the PlacesForBikes story via data/research, identifying and aggregating existing data, creating and maintaining partnerships with research providers, conducting primary research, and networking with internal and external stakeholders. This position is located at the PeopleForBikes headquarters in Boulder, Colorado.
- M.S./M.A. in a research-related field (e.g., social sciences) or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum five years of research experience. Minimum two years of research experience in advocacy, transportation, and/or in communities.
- Strong analytic skills with experience conducting research independently, managing vendor/partners, and analyzing data from secondary sources
- Ability to synthesize research findings from a variety of sources and generate actionable insights that support PlacesForBikes initiatives as well as the broader organizational mission
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external
- Strong leadership skills and experience
- Ability to prioritize internal/external research requests and allocate resources accordingly
- Excellent writing skills
- Expert at Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SurveyGizmo, R/SPSS and/or other similar software
- GIS experience is a plus
- Proactively tell the PlacesForBikes story – the program focuses on rapid improvement of community bike networks – via data/research
- Develop and execute a research program that supports both specific program initiatives including the PlacesForBikes City Ratings and Final Mile programs
- Identify and aggregate existing data to support PlacesForBikes’ current and future initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with academic research partners as well as local, private sector, national stakeholders
- Conduct/oversee primary research as applicable (e.g., PlacesForBikes Community Survey, PlacesForBikes City Snapshot, etc.)
- Represent PeopleForBikes on committees and organizations that influence relevant agendas (e.g., bicycle transportation research committee of TRB)
- Serve as the direct contact for internal and external research requests regarding bicycle infrastructure, safety, participation, government investment, and equity
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop long-term research goals and objectives
- Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders
- Delegate and coordinate multiple concurrent initiatives
- Work with internal marketing team to develop effective strategies for communicating research results externally
Compensation and Benefits
This “at will” full-time employee position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as a generous benefits package.
Interested applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter via email with “Local Innovation Research Manager” in the subject line to PeopleForBikes director of local innovation Kyle Wagenschutz at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should briefly explain the candidate’s interest in working at PeopleForBikes and applicable experience.
Telephone, in-person inquiries to PeopleForBikes staff or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The position is available immediately and will remain open until February 28, 2020. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org and PlacesForBikes.org for general information and organizational background. PeopleForBikes is an equal opportunity employer.