Title: Marketing Director – PeopleForBikes Foundation
Location: Boulder, CO
PeopleForBikes focuses on making bike riding better for everyone. We help riders of all kinds and abilities enjoy better bike riding experiences. We advocate at the local, state and federal level to get bicycling projects completed. We love to work with people who are as passionate as we are to create a better world for bikes.
The PeopleForBikes Marketing Director presents many stories of bike riding success. Utilizing channels ranging from retail stores to digital, built environments and advertising, the Marketing Director promotes our brand by creating impactful events, inspiring content and targeted communications. He or she builds the strategy and directs the team that guides and inspires riders, retailers and suppliers through their journey to better riding of all kinds.
Our Marketing Director works with hundreds of bike equipment suppliers, thousands of retailers and 1.3 million individual supporters and corporate and foundation partners.
As our Marketing Director
- You are a digital marketing expert, you understand cycling and the barriers that keep people from riding more often.
- You empathize with and speak their language of new riders.
- You deliver on brand and business objectives and connect riders to relevant experiences and stories that inspire them to ride.
- You understand our web and mobile technologies and the role of our consumers’ channels.
- You value the importance of data and consumer insights.
- You inspire the creative and communication teams you manage and partner with all internal stakeholders to help them do their best work.
- You aren’t afraid to try and fail, then learn and find success.
- You love bikes and the outdoors.
- Develop the strategy for rider, retailer and supplier categories, including integrated digital campaigns that focus on creating and retaining demand for our biggest consumer program to date—launching April 2019.
- Create and manage the marketing and campaign strategy for our infrastructure programs and the work we do to build more and better PlacesForBikes.
- Oversee the recruitment, selection, and management of external consultants and creative agencies responsible for producing collateral consistent with PeopleForBikes messaging and design framework.
- Research and brief stories and experiences for our digital channels that serve our members and inspire them to ride daily.
- Manage seasonal consumer engagement campaigns from planning and development through launch and reporting, focusing on a clear set of KPIs.
- Plan, brief and review content with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a seamless consumer journey regardless of channel.
- Manage the digital marketing calendar.
- In partnership with our researchers, understand and apply insights to improve the way we communicate and connect with our consumers across all channels.
- Create strategic briefs for internal and external partners that support the overall brand strategy and ensure inspiring and effective content regardless of origin.
- Provide clear, actionable feedback to all partners.
- Manage a marketing team of four and provide clear, actionable feedback.
- Travel regularly, to partners and as part of the PFB leadership team.
- 8-10+ years’ experience in brand marketing, digital marketing or a leadership role within an agency setting.
- High-level strategic thinker with attention to detail.
- Problem solver with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Analytical skills to gather business/user insights and apply learnings.
- Solid understanding of SEO and SEM.
- Strong project leadership and ability to juggle projects and priorities.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively and effectively with creative teams.
- Ability to make strategic recommendations and present to marketing leadership.
- A belief that bikes can make for a better world.
Compensation and Benefits
This “at will” full-time employee position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as a generous benefits package.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email with “PFB Marketing Director” in the subject line to PeopleForBikes Director of Membership + Development Rod Judd at email@example.com.
The position will remain open until filled. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for more general information and organizational background. PeopleForBikes Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.